10/18/11

Lime Panna Cotta

I love desserts and I love making them. I just don't like it when it takes so long to make them. Panna cotta is probably the fastest dessert ever to make (if you do not count the waiting time). Preparing should not take more than 10 minutes. So you can make it in the morning and eat it when you come home in the evening!

You can make the panna cotta with all cream or more cream than milk; it is a matter of preference. I find the panna cotta with only cream too rich.
The original panna cotta is made with vanilla, but you can make your own variations. This is my variation; one of my favorite green things: limes!

Ingredients: (4-6 portions)

3 sheets of gelatine
250 ml milk
250 ml whipping cream
4 tbsp sugar
zest and juice of 1 lime

Soak the gelatine in cold water and put aside. Heat the milk with the whipping cream and add the sugar and stir. As soon as the mixture starts cooking, turn off heat.

Add the zest and juice of the lime. Squeeze the water out of the gelatin and add to the mixture. Stir well until the gelatin is dissolved.

Now put it in a 4-6 different cups and put them in the refrigerator and chill until firm (at least 2 hours, but preferably 4).

No picture of the panna cotta, because I finished it before I could get my camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment