11/13/11

Eggplant Risotto

I often eat vegetarian dishes, but I haven't yet posted a recipe here. So for this post I decided to make a vegetarian dish with my favorite vegetable. And currently my favorite vegetable is eggplant. I don't like the word eggplant; it does not do justice to this beautiful, soft, slightly sweet vegetable. I much prefer the Dutch or French name aubergine. Anyway, not that it matters; back to the recipe. I choose this because it is so simple and quick to make and still very tasty. Moreover it is comfort food and that is exactly what I needed last friday. The recipe is for 2 portions or 1 if you eat as much of it as I did!

Ingredients:

1 eggplant, diced
750 ml vegetable stock
175 g risotto rice
1 clove of garlic, minced
100 g mozzarella, diced
pepper
dried oregano
olive oil

Heat the vegetable stock.
Heat some olive oil in a sauce pan and add the garlic. Bake for a minute and add the eggplant. Bake for just a minute and add some pepper and oregano to taste. I added about a tbsp.
Add te rice and cook for a minute or two.
Add a laddle of stock and wait until the rice has absorped all the liquid before you add another laddle. Keep stirring the risotto with a wooden spoon to prevent burning. Continue in this way. This will take about 20-25 minutes.
At the end add the mozzarella and serve immediately.






No comments:

Post a Comment